27 June 2011
Join us on Wednesday, July 6th as RENDEZVOUS! returns for its next monthly session at Verdugo Bar. This month we are excited to welcome Ubiquity Records' HERU AVENGER & HENRY CLEARSTAR! This promises to be another evening of fine musical selections and we cannot wait to see (and hear) what the Ubiquity boys have in store for the evening. As always, your resident DJs will open up the night with 60's & 70's soundtracks, library, psych, global disco edits, cosmic funk, and groovy sounds from Italian & French lost archives. Two classic giallo & poliziotteschi films will also be screened!
Alfonso (RENDEZVOUS!, DJAlfonso.com, LA)
Adrian Younge (RENDEZVOUS!, Wax Poetics Records, Bridges, LA)
AM (RENDEZVOUS!, ESL Music, LA)
Phers-1 (RENDEZVOUS!, Bridges, LA)
Jimmy (RENDEZVOUS!, LA)
About HERU AVENGER:
HERU AVENGER was a space rock project lead by John Basil from Orange County/California. In his youth he loved Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Frank Zappa and 'Miles Davis showed me the way as far as attitude and exploring with a menacing quality'. Other factors that shaped Basil's aesthetics include such an avant-garde composer like Karlheinz Stockhausen.
His first album under the moniker HERU AVENGER was released in 1998. 'Aeon' contains four long jams beyond the ten minute mark where Basil plays guitar, bass, synthesizer and Craig Teigen collaborates on drums. In 1999 'Magique Mistress' followed, this time recorded with a proper four-piece band including saxophone. Afterwards Basil went on producing music but concentrated on other projects with differing styles.
HERU AVENGER means jamming space rock with an avant attitude and jazz ambience comprising a funky note, fusion, krautrock and Berlin School electronics, comparable to Alien Planetscapes in some way.
23 June 2011
12 June 2011
The mix for the month of June includes Italian, French, (and Czech?!) OST's and library, as well as contemporary works outta Manchester, UK! Features music by Umiliani, Cipriani, Morricone, Anworth Kirk, Demdike Stare, and many more!
1. Explosion N° 1 - Piero Umiliani - Effets Spéciaux – St. Germain Des Pres
2. L'umo Dagli Occhi Di Ghiaccio (l'amore) - P. De Luca E I Mark 4
3. Rio Indio - Basilvian
4. Flameout - 101 Strings - Astro Sounds From Beyond The Year 2000
5. In Search Of The Key - Roy Budd - Fear Is The Key OST
6. La Polizia Ha Le Mani Legate (Suite) - Stelvio Cipriani - La Polizia Ha Le Mani Legate OST
7. Ophis Le Serpentaire - Vincent Gémignani - Modern Pop Percussion
8. La Morte Accarezza A Mezzanotte (Valentina) - Gianni Ferrio - La Morte Accarezza A Mezzanotte OST
9. Studio 96 - Richard Demaria - A Ecouter
10. Zapata - Luis Conti
11. Quasar - Gruppo Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza - The Feed-Back
12. Beryl's Tune - Augusto Martelli - Il Dio Serpente OST - Cinevox
13. Shut Up - Eddie Warner
14. Crepuscolo Sul Mare - Piero Umiliani - La Legge Dei Gangsters OST
15. Gin - Bruno Nicolai
16. Schizzo - Coscia
17. Il Teatrino Della Suore - Nino Rota - Giulietta Degli Spiriti OST - CAM
18. Ascension To Fireworks - Zdenek Liska - Malá Morská Víla - Finders Keepers
19. Witches Firewall - Zdenek Liska - Malá Morská Víla – Finders Keepers
20. Suite Three (Special Delivery) - Stanley Myers - Sitting Target OST - Finders Keepers
21. All Hallows Eve (feat. Danny Norbury) - Demdike Stare – Symbiosis – Modern Love
22. Hexploitation - Anworth Kirk - Avonwaith - Pre-Cert
23. Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange (3) - Ennio Morricone - Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange? OST - RCA
24. Citta Violenta - Ennio Moricone - Citta Violenta OST - RCA